This combined first aid course includes the full content of the Outdoor first aid 16hrs, and the Paediatric 12hrs first aid course in an action packed 2 days. This extended course is from 9am to 5pm both days. Our experienced paramedic trainers will cover the content of the following course during the training.
OUTDOOR FIRST AID (16 HR)
A two day course (16 hours). The outdoor first aid course is designed to introduce a systematic way of first aid for managing casualties. Topic learning and practicals intermixed with scenarios of real situations. The course includes:
• The fundamental workings of the body, in particular the heart, lungs and airway
• Assessing a casualty
• Introduces a system to cope with all incidents as safely as possible
• Deciding how to deal with an accident or incident
• Awareness of delayed medical help and adverse environmental conditions
First aid training with the REC scheme is easy and fun. The course is progressive by building on each session, introducing new scenarios to test all techniques for:
• Emergency: vital signs • emergency action • airway • unconscious • choking • bleeding • breathing and circulation • cpr • AED (automated external defibrillator) practical training
• Environment: heat stress • cold stress • hot injuries • cold injuries
• Illness: chest pain • stroke • asthma • epilepsy • diabetes
• Injury: head • spine • chest • abdomen • pelvis • bones • soft tissue • eye
• Rescue: transportation • communication
To accommodate the RYA syllabus our Outdoor course will include understanding the differential for drowning, immersion and seasickness.
• All candidates entering the REC scheme start with the outdoor first aid module
• The Outdoor first aid course is certified for three years and is an entry point for the REC scheme. It is the approved course for RYA, BCU, MLTB.
PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID (12 HR)
Paediatric first aid course - 12 hours duration. Suitable for childminders, teachers and nursery nurses.
Our course follows the statutory framework for the early years in England which sets the standards for first aid training required for workers caring for young children in the absence of their parents and is appropriate to the age of the children being cared for.
Delegates will be able to practice on first aid equipment including baby and junior first aid mannikins.
The Paediatric First Aid course is a 2 day course and will last for a minimum of 12 hours (excluding breaks) and will cover the following areas:
Be able to assess an emergency situation;
Deal with a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally;
Deal with a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally;
Deal with a baby or child who is having a seizure;
Deal with a baby or child who is choking;
Deal with a baby or child who is bleeding;
Deal with a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss;
It will also cover the following topics:-
AED (automated external defibrillator) practical training; anaphylactic shock; electric shock; burns or scalds; suspected fracture; head, neck or back injuries; poisoning; foreign bodies in eyes, ears or nose; eye injury; bites or stings; effects of extreme heat or cold; diabetis; asthma; allergic reaction; meningitis; febrile convulsions; understanding the role of the first aider; contents of a first aid box; recording and reporting accidents and incidents.
The first aid certificate is valid for 3 years.
The venue is in Buxton, Derbyshire.
This adventure is perfect for individuals and small groups, and can be tailored for:
- Charity fundraising
Make this experience your own: Send Enquiry