An informal tour of the UK's highest altitude whisky distillery, with drinks, tastings and a chance to hear about the history of this unique building. Available on Saturdays 2-4PM and Sunday's at 1-3PM.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Be one of the first to enjoy a drink again at the Cat & Fiddle. We’ll give you a chat about how we create our award winning spirits at the Forest Distillery. Then, enjoy a whisky tasting experience and have a sneaky peek down in the cellars and our distillery barn!
Forest Whisky soda on arrival (Gin, Wine, Beer & Soft drinks also available on request).
- History of The Cat and Fiddle
One of our team will talk you through the remarkable birth, demise, and 9th life of the Cat and Fiddle. We will also touch on our plans and hopes for the future.
Learn how we came to create our award-winning spirits with an introduction to the grains and the process of distillation.
- Enjoy a neat tasting experience of our Forest Whisky
- Another drink of your choice will be served accompanied with a description of the perfect serve. Step outside, relax and breathe easy in the fresh Peak District air.
- Tour of the distillery & cellars
We will then saunter over to the distillery and cellars to show you the big shiny equipment we have in the barn across the way. We'll take you down to the Cat and Fiddle cellars to see our casks full of maturing whisky and give you the chance to ask any questions that you may have about them.
- Your pre-ordered pies will then be served to your tables.
Please note that we are in a remote location so a designated driver or some forward planning will be required. Due to our remote location, we reserve the right to cancel the event at short notice in the event of poor weather conditions (snow!). In such an event, you will be offered an alternative date.
Our tours & tastings are strictly over 18's only, we cannot permit any children or infants on the tour. Please note that the maximum group size is 8 adults. If you are interested in a large group private tour please contact email@example.com. Please note that unfortunately dogs are not permitted on the tour.Food Menu
~ Forest Whisky and Steak Pies! A collaboration of our award-winning Blended Whisky and award-winning 'Lord of the Pies' - It would be a sin to miss, on a pre-order only basis!
All served with mash, mushy peas, and gravy! (For any dietary requirements, vegans or veggie weasels - we have alternative options too!)
~Forest Whisky & Beef Pie Allergens: Celery, Gluten, Eggs, Soya, Milk, Sulphur
~Roast chicken & mushroom, soft herb sauce Allergens: Celery, Gluten, Eggs, Milk, Mustard
~Best of British mixed cheese & slow-cooked onions(v) Allergens: Celery, Gluten, Eggs, Milk, Mustard ~Superfood Vegan Stew (Ve) Allergens: Celery, Gluten, Sesame Seeds
~ Gluten-free option (changes weekly) (GF) Allergens TBC
The cut-off for food pre-orders is 3 days prior to the event.
Please use the message box at checkout to tell us any requirements.