Enjoy a fun and active half day trying out rock climbing!
Your instructor will help you set some goals and try appropriate challenges, you'll have the opportunity to get loads of climbing done and you'll be helping to hold the ropes for other group members when not climbing.
We love climbing at this spectacular crag with its beautiful white granite and varied climbing which provides challenges for all abilities. The crag is perched high on the cliffs on a stunning section of the South West coast path, easily above the reach of the tide but still with a great sea-cliff feel.
- No previous experience necessary.
- This course is not aimed at children or families (check out our families & juniors taster for that!) however, teens who are able to operate in an adult environment are welcome.
You'll meet your instructor and other participants at the parking location where we will check that you have everything you need and issue you with some essential equipment such as a harness and helmet.
You will then walk into the crag - 20 mins along a lovey stretch of the coast path, passing the the engine houses of the Wheal Trewavas copper mines. We will need to cross a couple of walls/styles and fields so the path can be muddy.
We will deliver a safety brief once we arrive the crag.
Then you get to climb! Our maximum capacity means everyone will get plenty of time to climb. When you're not climbing, you'll be involved in holding the ropes for the other climbers.
At the end of the session we'll wrap up, the instructor will need to de-rig, and we'll walk back to the parking together.
TICKET OPTIONS and UNDER 18's:
- This course is not aimed at children or families (check out our families & juniors taster for that!) however, teens who are able to operate in an adult environment are also welcome.
- Any under 18 participant must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian throughout the session who does not have to take part (and therefore does not need a ticket).
- If an accompanying parent or legal guardian does wish to climb then they will need to purchase their own adult ticket.