East Lambrook Manor Gardens
is Britain's foremost cottage garden, hence its English Heritage Grade 1 status. The iconic and quintessentially English garden was created by the celebrated 20th-century plantswoman and gardening writer Margery Fish. It was here that she developed her own style of gardening, combining old-fashioned and contemporary plants in a relaxed and informal manner to create a garden of immense beauty and charm.
The garden is characterised by many winding paths through abundant borders and is renowned as the premier example of the English cottage garden style. It has noted collections of snowdrops, hellebores and hardy geraniums and there is an excellent specialist hardy plant nursery in the garden.
- The garden is open Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 5pm, until 30th October plus Sundays in February.
- To visit the garden please pre-book a ticket and show your order confirmation email (phone or print out) on arrival. Then you can stay as long as you like until the garden closes.
- Gardeners' World 2-for-1 Card holders and other 2-for-1 offer holders should book a free ticket online and show your card or voucher on entry along with your ticket to validate your booking. Don't forget to book and pay for a second ticket online for the person accompanying you. To do this you need to enter 1 (for one ticket) in one of the paid options, don't enter 2 (for two tickets) in the Free (2-for-1) option as this will result in two free tickets being booked. (We are unable to offer a Single Visitor Discount at the present time and please note the card is not transferrable.)
- RHS members free entry is on Wednesdays. Please book a free ticket online and show your card on entry. Don't forget to book tickets online for any non-members accompanying you. (For joint members, the free entry offer applies to the member with an asterisk on their RHS card.)
- Please observe any Covid-19 related social distancing rules and other relevant signage or instructions displayed in the garden on your visit.
- Please arrive around the pre-booked time but don't worry if you arrive early, late or are held up in traffic, we will accommodate you.
- You can visit the nursery to buy plants without buying a ticket to the garden.
- The cafe is currently closed due to Covid-19 but you are welcome to bring drinks or a picnic to consume on the grass in the Orchard or the grass in the car park.
- Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome.
- Parties of 10 or more wishing to pre-book a group visit should contact the garden by email or phone.