Coast to Coast Guided Walking Holiday
Join us on our Coast to Coast Guided Walking Holiday and follow in the footsteps of Wainwright.
This is a guided holiday with a Mountain Leader
The Coast to Coast walk is 192 miles long and was devised by Alfred Wainwright. It starts from St Bees on the West coast, journeying through the Lake District, mostly following the valleys. The highest point is Kidsty Pike, which is 780 metres high and the walk passes through the pretty lakeland village of Grasmere.
After the stunning mountains of the Lake District, we reach the beautiful high fells of the Yorkshire Dales and the wonderful meadowland valleys, going through Swaledale and onwards to the village of Reeth, the capital of Swaledale, before arriving in the market town of Richmond, the largest settlement on the route with a stunning castle. Here we have a well earned rest with a day of leisure to enjoy.
From Richmond we head through the Vale of York, which is flat and includes our longest days walk before arriving on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, with it’s heather covered moorland. Pushing on through the village of Glaisdale we complete our journey in Robin Hoods Bay on the East coast.
We will be staying in bed and breakfast or hotels and your luggage will be transported for you daily so you just need to carry a day sack. The walk is fully guided by a qualified mountain leader.
Coast to Coast Guided Walking Holiday Programme
Your day-by-day guide:
• Day 1 – arrive St Bees
• Day 2 – St Bees to Ennerdale Bridge 14 miles
• Day 3 – Ennerdale to Rosthwaite 14.5m
• Day 4 – Rosthwaite to Patterdale 17.5m
• Day 5 – Patterdale to Shap 16m
• Day 6 – Shap to Kirkby Stephen 20 miles
• Day 7 – Kirkby Stephen to Keld 13 miles
• Day 8 – Keld to Reeth 11m
• Day 9 – Reeth to Bolton on Swale 17 miles
• Day 10 – Rest day
• Day 11 – Bolton on Swale to Ingleby cross 17 miles
• Day 12 – Ingleby cross to Clay Bank top 12.5m
• Day 13 – Clay bank top to Glaisdale 18.5m
• Day 14 – Glaisdale to Robin hoods bay 19 miles
• Day 15 – time to say our goodbyes and depart
Cost from £1400 per person, single supplement £ 510 per person
Depending on the availability of accommodation then the itinerary may change. Note that there is no accommodation at Clay Bank so we’ll transfer from Clay Bank to our accommodation.
There will be a maximum of 12 people , included in the price is daily luggage transfer, 14 nights bed and breakfast and a mountain guide on the walking days.
Coast to Coast
This adventure is perfect for individuals and small groups, and can be tailored for:
- Charity fundraising
Make this experience your own: Send Enquiry