IMPORTANT CHANGES & NEW FEATURES FOR 2023:
- For our 2023 Santa’s Grotto, the time you book is the time that you should arrive at our new ticket foyer at The Old Sawmill Café at the start of Ingleborough Estate Nature Trail, a short 5 minute walk from the Yorkshire Dales National Park car park. You then have 75 minutes before your Santa Experience gathers at Ingleborough Cave, which is a 1.23 mile walk away. If you think your group will need more than 75 minutes to walk 1.23 miles (a 30 minute stroll for a reasonably fit adult), please arrive earlier to allow additional time. We advise that the total experience lasts approximately 3 to 3 1/2 hours. The example itinerary below gives a feel for how a booking works.
- The Old Sawmill Cafe, at the entrance to Ingleborough Estate Nature Trail, will be open all day with a Christmas themed menu! No booking is necessary, there is plenty of room so just turn up and feast!
- Near the start of the trail, we now have the NEW Santa’s Post Office, which will be kitted out with stationary and crafts where the children can write their letters to Santa, before posting them in his postbox in his grotto at the cave. We know many of you enjoy creating letters at home prior to your visit, and this is still encouraged for those who prefer. Santa’s Post Office is optional, and can be bypassed by those who have pre made their letters.
- Tickets booked for 0900 slot. Arrive at The Old Sawmill Cafe at 0900.
- You then have 75 minutes to walk 1.23 miles to Ingleborough Cave, where your group will gather for the experience to start, so in this case 1015. The experience then starts 15 minutes later, in this case at 1030.
- We advise that the experience in the cave takes approximately an hour, so you would leave the cave approximately 1130.
- You then have the 1.23 mile walk back to Clapham.
- We advise that the total experience lasts approximately 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Infant: an infant ticket is suitable for young children aged 0-18 months, and includes an infants gift such as a cuddly toy.
- Child: a child ticket is suitable for children wishing to take part in the Santa Experience and pick a present. Student tickets should be purchased for older children who do not wish to take part in the Santa Experience or pick a present.
- Student: suitable for older children not wanting to take part in the Santa Experience, or for those still in education.
- Senior Citizen: aged 65+.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
- If you arrive at the cave early, we have a marquee on site where you can keep dry, and there is a shop selling hot and cold drinks and snacks. Late arrivals will not be offered a refund.
- A booking confirmation will be sent to you, and you must bring this with you, either printed, or on an electronic device. Please remember there is no signal at Ingleborough Cave, so you will need to screengrab, download or print the email in advance. Please check junk mail if it doesn’t arrive in your regular inbox.
- A reminder email will be sent to you 48 hours prior to your visit. Please read this carefully, as it will detail any additional information regarding restrictions or policies that may have occurred since you booked.
- Ingleborough Cave, where your tour will start from, is not next to a road. Access is via Ingleborough Estate Nature Trail, a 1.23 mile maintained gravel trail at a steady incline of no more than 10°, so do factor this in to your timings. A minibus will shuttle run all day (weather permitting), and is available on a first come first serve basis, with priority going to the elderly and those with infants. If you wish to use the minibus, please leave adequate time to walk to the cave in the event that the minibus is full or unable to run.
- Single width pushchairs (maximum of 60cm at the widest point) and front mounted carriers can be taken into the cave, but we advise against rear mounted carriers. Please factor in the walk and the terrain if you are bringing a pushchair.
- Although Ingleborough Cave is wheelchair accessible, the volume of visitors we have for Santa’s Grotto can make wheelchair use unsafe. Persons with impaired mobility should contact us directly before booking tickets.
- Well behaved dogs can be taken on a short lead, but where possible it is easier to leave them at home.
- 30 tickets are available for each time slot. This is a guided group experience.
- The tickets you purchase can only be used on the date and time specified. They are non-transferable.
- Whilst we will try to ensure your trip starts on time, we cannot guarantee this will happen. Refunds will not be offered for delays of less than 1 hour. Ingleborough Cave reserve the right to transfer your tickets to another tour within this time frame without offering a refund.
- In the event that we are unable to open due to adverse weather, or any other problems, a full refund will be issued minus the card processing charge. Providing the event is running, refunds will not be offered to those unable to attend.
- Due to the unpredictability of nature, Ingleborough Cave reserve the right to close the event at any time.
- Ingleborough Cave reserve the right to refuse admission.
This adventure is perfect for individuals and small groups, and can be tailored for:
- School groups
- Dog Friendly
Make this experience your own: Send Enquiry