Rope Rigging Course entails learning how to set up outdoor climbing systems for bottom roping and top roping.
This course is suitable for people wanting to learn how to set up climbs for beginners to climb.
Who is it for?
For people wanting to rig outdoors climbs.
This course is ideal for those with some outdoors experience, not yet ready to lead climb outdoors but wanting to get out climbing safely and independently.
This is an ideal step for those working towards Rock Climbing Instructor Training. Also, this course is great for parents of children that wish to pursue climbing outdoors safely.
Experience is not essential however, it would be useful to have a basic understanding of traditional rock climbing gear (or attend a Rock Climbing Development Course or Intermediate Course prior to the rope rigging course).
- Selecting anchors
- Building anchors,
- Joining protection,
- Rigging Top & Botton ropes,
- Self protection,
- Understanding related safety and potential hazards.
Outcomes of the Course
- To have an understanding of what Top rope & Bottom rope systems involve.
- Understanding how to select and place protection.
- Be able to build anchors.
- To know how to set up Top & Bottom ropes to be climbed.
- To know how to work safely around the crag.
This course will be run by a qualified Rock Climbing Instructor or higher.
Bespoke course dates can be arranged on request.