Put your limits to the test.
St Abbs Head is one of the most scenic locations, with epic views of dramatic cliffs and clear blue water.
Away from the hustle and bustle of busy life, you'll enjoy the fresh sea air and sounds of the local seabirds.
On this photography tour, you'll battle against your own limits and the landscape as you hike to the top of the reserve in time to catch the sunrise illuminating St Abbs Lighthouse. The lighthouse is situated on the edge of a cliff which looks immense on camera due to the views straight across the sea. This is the perfect backdrop for the wee lighthouse in any weather event!
- We will meet at a car park at the start of the nature reserve walk at 4:30am. Then we will set off for a 45 minute hike through the reserve towards St Abbs Lighthouse.
- You will be given tips on how to create a composition based on the subject.
- We will discuss how to control lighting, depending on what weather is available on the day.
- You will be introduced to basic camera settings such as ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture.
You should join this workshop if:
- We have set aside 4 hours for the workshop, this includes 1 hour max for the hike towards the subject, 2 hours for the practical experience using a camera to capture a sunrise, and 1 hour for the hike back to the car park.
- You want to learn a new skill or
- Enhance photography skills
- Achieve a goal
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Gain self confidence
- Improve mental health and wellbeing
- Reduce loneliness and social isolation
- Put your limits to the test
- Overcome a fear
- Experience the extraordinary
- Become part of a community that offer support and guidance with anything
- Become a photographer
This workshop is challenging but so rewarding. You will be chuffed with yourself after hiking to the lighthouse and the views you'll experience.
If you don't have access to a camera, you can bring your smartphone and we can introduce you to the pro camera settings so you can still create something you will be proud of. Due to covid-19 restrictions, we will be adhering to social distancing rules. We will wear masks if we need to show you something up close on your camera/smartphone. As it is an outdoor workshop, it is not a requirement for you to wear a mask but you are welcome to wear one if you would like to. If you can, please bring hand sanitizer so we can reduce the amount of potential transmission.