Ever wanted to explore off the beaten track? Not confident to go it alone?
Venture into wild Dartmoor with Crag 2 Mountain on a Hill Skills experience and you’ll come away confident to take on your own adventures.
Learn map reading and compass skills, discover Dartmoor’s history and explore the environment all on a stunning walk on Dartmoor.
Crag 2 Mountain’s Intermediate Navigation course is your key to getting off the paths and into the open moorland. If you aren't confident in or would like to learn more about navigating in remote terrain, poor visibility navigations and how to correct errors then the Intermediate Navigation is the perfect course to learn.
ItineraryA Crag 2 Mountain Intermediate Navigation experience starts with a friendly welcome from your own personal instructor and a chance to get to know your group. Your instructor will work with you to establish what you would like to achieve from your experience. Followed by a brief introduction talk and an explanation of how the day will run.
Your instructor will guide you through your navigation experience and help you get to grips key navigation skills, covering the learning outcomes along the way.
Enjoying stunning Dartmoor scenery along your journey.
Throughout your experience, you experience guide will teach you about Dartmoor’s fascinating history and wildlife environment.
You’ll finish off your experience feeling confident to tackle your own adventures.
• Detailed and more complex route planning,
• Magnetic bearings and their uses,
• Advance compass skills,
• Tactical navigation strategies,
• Advance relocation,
• Timing and pacing,
• Environmental knowledge,
• The basic use of GPS devices.
Outcomes of the Course:
• To be able to independently plan and carry out a safe, efficient and effective walk off the paths and tracks.
• To have an understanding of more advanced compass skills and poor visibility navigation.
• To be able to apply tactical navigation methods and navigational aids.
• To have an understanding of the environment, and access.
• Most importantly, to be confident to explore off paths and tracks to discover new places.
This adventure is perfect for individuals and small groups, and can be tailored for:
- School groups
Make this experience your own: Send Enquiry