Journeying in our single or double sit on top kayaks is the perfect way to explore Windermere from the water and to paddle around the small islands and bays off Graythwaite Estate’s private shoreline. These boats are paddled with double-bladed paddles, they're super steady, great fun and a popular choice. We feel that no visit to the Lake District is complete without spending some time on the water and this is an ideal way to do just that. For experienced paddlers or complete novices, the benefits of an instructed session are that you'll master the basic strokes quickly and journey with ease to make the most of your session. We'll also be there for safety support for added confidence.
- Our single seaters are spacious enough for 1 person and our double seaters comfortably hold 2 people.
- We require at least one adult (18+) in your party, but not necessarily taking part.
- The lessons are 1.5 hours long.
We may be biased but genuinely believe that we run watersports from one of the best locations in the Lake District; Grubbins Point on Windermere. From this sheltered bay situated on a private stretch of shoreline we offer both instructed sessions and boat hire. What to expect.
- Upon arrival at Grubbins Point, please make use of our free parking before meeting one of our friendly team at our watersports hub.
- Following introductions, changing cabins are available for your use and we'll kit you out with buoyancy aids.
- We'll then head to the water's edge where the kayak(s) will be ready for you.
- We'll run through the basic paddle strokes on dry land before taking to the water and practising manoeuvres in the sheltered bay.
- The exact content will be tailored as a result of chatting with your instructor and can include journeying, more advanced paddle strokes or fun games and some jumping in!
- We'll provide everything you need; kayaks, paddles and buoyancy aids.
- All you need to do is turn up, get paddling and enjoy.
- As with all our experiences, we offer only private lessons so this will be private for your booking.
- Wetsuits aren't necessary, unless you're planning to swim. If you have your own wetsuit you're more than welcome to bring this or we have a range of sizes available to hire.
Guests to Graythwaite Adventure can enjoy a variety of other awesome land and water-based experiences; 4x4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing, canoeing, paddleboarding, bushcraft, RIB boat tours and more.
Experience : Explore : Escape.