Your personal guide Steve will lead you on our South Downs Taster.
This a fantastic way to explore parts of the South Downs. This guided ride starts at the Handlebar Cafe, Winchester, We leave the cafe behind and head out onto quiet lanes and bridleways that take us up on to The South Downs Way - Wow, what a view of Winchester and the surrounding countryside! With a huge selection of good flowing trails to ride on,Come and have fun!
- Terrain: roads, bridleways including roots and loose stones
- Is This Ride For Me: You Will need reasonable fitness and be confident in mountain bike handling skills
We recommend bringing the following:
- Warm Clothing Dependant on weather on the day - additional layers recommended
- Waterproofs Dependant on weather on the day - waterproof clothing recommended
- Food Refreshments for on-ride refuelling e.g. energy bars
- Drink Sufficient water or energy drinks
Bikes must be in good safe and working order; puncture repair kit, spare inner tube & bike pump also required. Cycle helmets must be within the manufacturer's warranty period (3 years from the date of manufacture). More details on all the above will be sent after booking has been confirmed
Maximum riders: 8
- Fully Qualified Mountain Bike Leader – Level 2 Qualification Accredited Through British Cycling
- DBS Checked
- Approved Fully Qualified Outdoor First Aid Public
- Liability Insurance Through British Cycling
A riders information form will be sent by email once your booking has been made and will need to be completed and returned to us prior to the activity date.