Enjoy a fun and active half-day trying out rock climbing at this classic, beautiful crag, set in the ancient Dewerstone wood and surrounded by several hiking trails.
The Dewerstone is an awesome granite crag set on the wooded slopes above the river Plym, it is home to Devon’s first ever recorded rock climb - Mucky Gully, first climbed in 1894! Nowadays it is a hugely popular venue for local and visiting climbers alike, with some of the best low to middle grade climbs on Dartmoor - a perfect place for a climbing adventure!
Your instructor will help you set some goals and try appropriate challenges and you'll have the opportunity to get loads of climbing done and will be helping to hold the ropes for other group members when not climbing.
- No previous experience necessary.
- This course is not aimed at children or families (check out our families & juniors taster for that!) however, teens who are able to operate in an adult environment are welcome.
You'll meet your instructor at the parking location where they will check that you have everything you need and issue you with some essential equipment such as a harness and helmet.
You will then walk into the crag (a 20 minute walk on a well established, beautiful trail through the woods and along the river) where you will have a safety brief and introductions will be made - climbing is a really friendly activity so it’s great to get to know the others on the course.
Then you get to climb! Our maximum capacity means everyone will get plenty of time to climb. When you're not climbing, you'll be involved in holding the ropes for the other climbers.
At the end of the session we'll wrap up, the instructor will need to de-rig, and we'll walk back to the parking together.
TICKET OPTIONS and UNDER 18's:
- This course is not aimed at children or families (check out our families & juniors taster for that!) however, teens who are able to operate in an adult environment are also welcome.
- Any under 18 participant must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian throughout the session who does not have to take part (and therefore does not need a ticket).
- If an accompanying parent or legal guardian does wish to climb then they will need to purchase their own adult ticket.