At your own pace, discover the world of edible wild plants or seaweeds in Cornwall. Be guided along hedgerows, fields or onto the beach - all at a location and time that suits you and your partner, family, friends or colleagues.
Experiences are led at a leisurely pace and can be between 1-3 hours (2-3 hours is recommended as the most worthwhile). Through hands-on learning, you can acquire the skills of identifying and sustainably picking wild food. You'll be given lots of recipe ideas too.
Facilitated by an experienced guide and award-winning author on foraging and cooking. We'll normally cover around 8-12 wild foods, with an emphasis on fun and practical knowledge, enabling you to see the landscape and coastline in a whole new way!
A leisurely 2 hour guided walk at your pace. Choose from hedgerows and fields, to coast and seashore, or a mixture of them all!
It's about content rather than distance, we often average 1 mile an hour, but can go further if you wish!
Experience outline and what to expect:
- 8-10 wild edible plants
- Guidance on wild food identification, safety, seasons and how to harvest and pick
- Tried and tested suggestions on cooking wild food and recipes
- How to dry and preserve wild ingredients
- Nutritional and medicinal information (where known, please note I am not a Medical Herbalist)
- Wild food tasters – Homemade tasters e.g. one of; nettle pesto and wild seeded bread - samphire salsa verde and seaweed crackers, s – hot spicy seaweed broth – gorse flower genoise cakes – sweet seaweed meringues -
- Opportunity to buy a signed copy of my foraging book/s.