Festive Alpaca Walks - During December all our Alpaca Walks and Experiences become extra Christmassy, with the alpacas wearing their festive halters (on the walks), enjoy deliciously chocolatey Yule Log Cakes and hot drinks for after the walk and of course we have our Christmas Alpaca Shop for you to browse!!
This small and personal group experience lasts up to two and a half hours and includes over an hour of alpaca walking time, plus time up close with the whole herd, followed by homemade cake, drinks and a browse in our Alpaca Room Gift Shop. The Walk:
Meet the herd:
- After a welcome to the farm, an introduction to our walking boys and some alpaca walking tips, you will team up with your own individual alpaca and we will take a wander around our orchard trail.
- The alpacas enjoy their walks and will sometimes roll in the long grass and always munch on leaves along the trail! This is the perfect chance to slow down, enjoy some time outdoors and the natural company of these wonderful animals.
- We will chat about all things ‘alpaca’ as we go and you will learn all about our herd, how we care for them and all about camelids in general.
- We will then introduce you to our different groups of alpacas, including the girls and any young alpacas, all with their different personalities and stories.
- Whilst in the alpaca paddocks you will have the opportunity to get up close with the alpacas, take photos surrounded by the alpacas and feed them their favourite treats!
- A visit would also not be complete without saying hello to Peggy and Wilbur, our resident pot-bellied pigs!
After the walk and tour we invite you to enjoy a hot or cold drink and a homemade cake (included in the price) alongside the alpaca paddock if the weather is nice, we also have inside and undercover seating. You are also welcome to wander back around the paddocks during this time, for some final photos and to say goodbye to your walking companion! Shop:
At the end of the experience we will open up our Alpaca Room Gift Shop, which is packed full of alpaca goodies, yarn & gifts to browse.
A chance to take away a little souvenir from your visit to us at Little Orchard Alpacas. Price:
As we keep our group sizes very small, this price applies whether you are walking your own alpaca or not.
Can walk their own alpaca, a minimum of one adult must be booked alongside under 18s.
All children under 10 must share an alpaca with a booked adult (One per child).
- Drinks and Cake Only: £7.50
If you would like to sit out for the alpaca experience, but join your party at the end for drinks and cake. There will also be opportunity for you to say hello to the alpacas if you would like.
- Babies in carriers or slings – free of charge with an adult ticket or drinks and cake only. (you will not be able to walk an alpaca whilst carrying an infant).
- This is a gentle walk at 'alpaca pace', (although they can pick up speed when they fancy!). It is a relaxing and fun experience with the focus on quality time, where you can really see each alpaca's personality, rather than a trek!
- This experience is suitable for ages 5 and upwards only. This experience isn’t suitable for young toddlers or for prams or pushchairs.
- If you have a group of 8 or more people, for a group discount, please send an enquiry and we will get back to you.
- If you would like to book a private walk please send us an enquiry with the number of people and your availability.
- Please wear sturdy footwear, wellies in wet weather and long trousers throughout the year.
- Please ensure you have read our full terms and conditions before booking.
- Weather Policy: If the weather is unsuitable (very heavy rain, windy or high temperatures) we will get in touch the day before your walk to let you know and either postpone or offer a refund. Whilst we only cancel in very bad weather, we are usually happy to offer a postponement if it is not pleasant and it would make the experience more enjoyable for everyone!
After our Alpaca Orchard Walk why not enjoy a Cream Tea or Picnic Lunch.
Our lunches are served in a picnic basket style, with everything you need to tuck in! These vary between the seasons.
Summer Lunch: May - September
A large hot Cornish Pasty, Ploughman's style salad with ham, cheese, pickles, bread, coleslaw and condiments. Followed by scones, jam and clotted cream. We also include a hot and a cold drink of choice.
Winter Lunch: October - April A large hot Cornish Pasty with warm homemade soup and a roll. Followed by a generous warm homemade Apple Cake with Clotted Cream. We also include a hot and a cold drink of choice.
Children aged 5 - 9 will be provided with a smaller sized version as standard, or we can provide a simpler child's lunch box of a ham, cheese or jam roll with crisps, fruit and a cake. Please let us know if this is what you would prefer.
We can cater for most dietary requirements or dislikes, please let us know in advance if you would like to make any changes.
Our Luxury Cream Tea is also served in a picnic basket and a picnic table cloth. It includes two scones, two types of jam, cream, Devonshire Tea Bags, Coffee Bags and a cold soft drink is also included. - Adult £12/ Child £8