We are delighted to re instate our Carols By Candlelight Events for weekends in December 2022! There are a few changes since pre Covid times, but our Piano Accordionist will still play festive music for you to sing familiar Christmas carols to. The Witch's Cave is lit with hundreds of real candles, a Christmas tree and strings of fairy lights to create a lovely Festive atmosphere. Singing is for about an hour, with mince pies and mulled wine served afterwards in the Cavern entrance/shop area, where you can enjoy the museum and shop.
Santa will not be here as he has moved into a Grotto in Castleton Visitor Centre!
The Christmas Rocks Self Guided Tour of the Cavern is an additional event which MUST BE PAID FOR SEPARATELY but is available at very reduced rate as an Add On when buying your Carol tickets, and can be available immediately before or after the Carols By Candlelight Event,
- Singing begins at 2pm, but you can arrive from 1.30pm as there is a steep climb up to the Cavern Entrance area, and further up again to the Candlelit Chamber; arrive sooner if you have purchased tour tickets too and want to take the tour before the carol singing starts.
- There is NO WHEELCHAIR ACCESS
- Carol sheets are provided (in case you don't know the words !) and you may wish to bring a small torch to see with.
- We cannot provide seating as the floor is too uneven but you may bring a 'shooting stick' type folding seat (these are used entirely at YOUR OWN RISK)
- Dogs on leads are welcome everywhere on site, including in the shop and underground for the Carol singing.
- If you have specific questions, please call us before booking, as no refunds can be given, due to the limited number of total tickets available.