Immerse yourself in its History, Landscape and Wildlife 21st August - 9:30 - 12:00
Put yourself in the hands of our two expert and knowledgeable guides for an in-depth discovery of this unique and treasured space known for its diversity, beauty and tranquillity next to the River Thames.
Visitors throughout the year have grown to love it so much for the abundance of wildlife it attracts and supports;
- from migratory bird species like the Blackcap, Sedge and Reed Warblers,
- to our amazingly loud but elusive Cetti's Warblers, charismatic Firecrests and of course our resident royalty, the Kingfishers.
- not forgetting of course, the array of Insects, mammals, amphibians and reptiles that can be found on the reserve.
With a group size kept deliberately small to make it a friendly and immersive experience, our guides take you on a specially designed route around the reserve and share why Withymead Nature Reserve continues to hold a special place in the hearts of many. Suitable for those aged 15 years and over, the guided walk consists of 2 circuits around the reserve in 2 separate groups,
- One circuit will be with Trustee Steve Gozdz who is an experienced local wildlife guide and will point out and inform you about the various bird species that can be seen and heard on the reserve.
- The other circuit will be with long standing Trustee Rebecca Russell, who will guide you through the reserve's history, providing an insight into its founder Anne Carpmael, together with the diversity of its flora, insects and invertebrates and other wildlife it supports today.
NOTE: a small booking fee of 4% is added at checkout £0.68/£0.34