This event is currently fully booked. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the waiting list, should there be any cancellations.
Date: Wednesday 22nd November 2023 Time: 10:00am – 1:00pmCost: £35 per person
Explore the ancient craft of willow basket weaving at this workshop, using natural locally grown willow. You will learn how to create a traditional stake and strand round basket, and the weaving techniques to craft the base, side weave, and borders. Immerse yourself into the wonderful world of willow weaving and finish with a beautiful and practical basket to take home with you.
Please note the date of this workshop has been changed from the 15th November to Wednesday 22nd November.
- Suitable for beginners, age 14+
- Please bring secateurs and pliers with you if possible, and a notebook and pen to make notes if you wish. All other materials are provided.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. Layers is a good idea as willow work is active and you may find you will get quite warm.
- This workshop requires dexterity in the fingers and is not suitable for people with arthritis in their hands or similar conditions that affect dexterity.
- Includes one hot/cold (non-alcoholic) drink per person.
- Includes a 10% discount voucher to spend in the shop on the day.
- Places are limited so advance booking is essential.
- This workshop requires a minimum number of bookings to go ahead, in the event of cancellation by Quince Honey Farm customers will receive a full refund.