Anyone can learn to scuba dive in Plymouth, Devon! Our instructors have over 20 years of experience and have taught thousands of students from all over the world, so you know you’re in safe hands.
Once you’re in the open water, Plymouth really shines! From incredible underwater species to famous wrecks (Scylla, The James Egan Layne, The Coronation, The Persier), it’s safe to say Britain’s Ocean City isn’t short of history or beauty.
Open Water Diver & Junior Open Water Diver qualifies students as competent and confident scuba divers. On completion of this course, divers 14 and over are able to travel the world scuba diving. This is just the start of a great adventure…
The SSI Open Water Diver certification spans four days
and includes theory (both online and in-person), six pool/confined water dives, and four open water dives.Please Note:
The weekend courses are two consecutive weekends, not 9 days long!Skills covered include:
– SSI & the SSI philosophy
– dive equipment use, checks & care
– entry & exit techniques
– buoyancy techniques
– regulator breathing, clearing & retrieval
– mask clearing, removal & replacement
– controlled descents & ascents
– finning techniques
– safety training (air sharing, equipment exchanges etc)
– free descents
– scuba-specific rescue skillsCourse Prerequisites:
– To be age 10 and over (age 10-14 is Junior Open Water Diver, 14+ is Open Water Diver)
– To fill out a medical history form
Included in the price is kit rental as well as Sound Diving Club Membership
, which means you save money on all your dives!
If you don't see the course dates that you'd like, or wish to request a different course, we're always happy to help!Please note prices are non-refundable if cancelled within 24hours of event.