About Corris Mine Explorers
Winner of Best Activity / Experience in Mid Wales 2019/2020!
A rare opportunity to venture into the abandoned and forgotten world of the slate miner. Feel the dark, damp mine's history come alive as you explore through the mine workings and your expert guide shares its stories.
The Braich Goch slate mine was hand dug by Victorian miners. Mining started in 1836 and continued until the 1970s when the door creaked shut for the last time, leaving a virtually untouched time capsule which you can now explore.
- Please arrive on site 20 minutes before the start of your trip and head to Unit 7b to check in and to sign your declaration. Your Mine Guide will meet you shortly afterwards.
- Visitors must not suffer from claustrophobia.
- Visitors should have good eyesight (aided by glasses where necessary).
- Face masks are recommended to be worn whilst underground but not mandatory.
- Visitors must be physically and mentally well. Visitors must bring to the attention of the guide any medical conditions such as asthma and epilepsy which may potentially affect their visit. Please bring your medication with you i.e. inhalers, insulin.
- Visitors should inform the Guide if they have any conditions that may affect their exploration i.e. pregnancy, slight deafness. Please phone us, if you’re unsure of anything, before you make your booking.
- The temperature underground is a cool 8 degrees, you may get a little dirty and may have to walk through ankle-deep water. Please wrap up warm and wear 2 pairs of thick socks with wellies / walking boots. Wellies can be provided if necessary.
- Photography is allowed underground but at the discretion of the guide. Bulky photographic equipment and Go Pros must not be used underground. Any filming underground is restricted.
- There are no toilet facilities underground. Please make sure that you use the toilet facilities at the Craft Centre prior to departure. In an emergency underground, please consult the guide.
- Visitors must not be under the influence of alcohol or other substance with may alter or impair their mental or physical condition other than prescribed drugs in the correct dosage which are known not to have any side effects which may affect ability.
- For groups of 11 people or more, please contact us by phone or email to discuss and arrange your tailor made discounted trip.
- For groups of between 2 and 10 explorers, we offer exclusive and fully tailored trips. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01654 761244 to find out more.
- There may be occasions where your exploration time and date may change. We will contact you in advance to discuss and arrange this.
- We are taking all necessary precautions to help to reduce the risk of the spread of Covid-19. Please if you or a member of your group tested positive for Covid, please stay safely at home.
- Should you need to cancel your tickets for any reason you must do so before the start time of your exploration, we will try out best to resell your tickets. Please provide at least 24 hours notice for a full refund.
- No ticket refunds are provided to anyone who informs us that the they are not able to visit AFTER the exploration has started.
- Should we have to cancel a trip for any reason we will contact you as soon as possible to either rearrange your trip or to provide you with a full refund.
- Anything taken underground must be in a backpack (30 litre max) or safely in pockets. No bags can be carried as both hands must be free at all times. It is recommended that valuable items are not carried underground but left in a safe place on the surface (e.g. car keys, wallets, mobile phones, etc).
- The visit guide is in charge of the trip and the guide’s instructions must be followed at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone without having to provide an explanation.
- No dogs allowed underground.
Should you need to cancel your tickets for any reason we ask that you phone us immediately on 01654 761244. We do not issue any refunds for tickets that are cancelled without a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Tickets cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice can be transferred to a later date within the current season or will be fully refunded (the booking fee is non-refundable). Where tickets need to be cancelled without a minimum of 24 hours’ notice but in advance of the trip (allowing us time to resell your tickets) refunds are not permitted but a ticket transfer will be offered to you, tickets can be transferred to a later date within the current season. No ticket refunds or ticket transfers are available to anyone who cancels their trip after the trip has started.
We are taking all necessary precautions to help to reduce the risk of the spread of Covid-19. Please if you or a member of your group has tested positive for Covid, please stay safely at home and telephone us immediately on 01654 761244 following the terms of our cancellation policy detailed above.